3525 Forbes Avenue
- Houses 232 men and women
- Six floors
- Air-conditioned doubles with adjoining semi-private powder room
- Communal shower facilities in each wing
- Study room in each wing
- Large recreation area
- Rooftop patio
- Student mail center
- Internet e-mail kiosks located in lobby
- Network connection for each student, including Wireless Internet in all On-Campus accommodations
- Swanson School of Engineering Living Learning Community
- *Bathroom dimensions 4'7" x 4'7"
- Fire safety—alarm and sprinkler system throughout; regularly scheduled fire drills
- Access to Housekeeping and Maintenance staff 24/7, 365 days a year
- 24/7 Security Coverage
- Access to daily delivery of the Post-gazette, USA today and The Pitt News in select Residence Hall common areas accessible to all students
*Dimensions for standard room only—others may vary by room type.
Forbes Hall is a pleasant residence hall located on Forbes Avenue about four blocks from the Litchfield Towers complex. It houses 232 primarily first-year students in air-conditioned doubles. Some of the doubles have adjoining semi-private powder rooms. There are communal showers, a kitchenette, and a laundry area on each floor. There are Internet e-mail kiosks and a student mail center in the lobby of Forbes Hall.
Each wing of Forbes Hall has a study room. A large recreation hall is on the second floor, and a rooftop patio overlooks Forbes Avenue. Forbes Hall houses the Swanson School of Engineering Living Learning Community. A resident director, a program coordinator, and four resident assistants are on staff.
Basic cable television is provided
in each room/suite in every residence hall and each bedroom and/or
living room in every apartment-style accommodation.
Each residence hall room and apartment-style living bedroom is equipped with an Ethernet connection that links you directly to the University network and the Internet.
** Room rates are subject to change.
The University of Pittsburgh Housing Services offers many more residence hall and apartment choices.
Did You Know?
In 1758 General John Forbes defeated the French at Ft. Duquesne and renamed the settlement Pittsburgh in honor of the English Prime Minister, William Pitt.